Monday, November 19, 2012

Mighty Mason

If y’all follow me on Facebook you know how passionate I am about this little boy.  Mason was born at 21 weeks, weighing just over a pound.  He has fought hard for his life and has overcome many obstacles.  Last week, he was able to come home...what a blessing!!! I could not imagine a better Thanksgiving gift. God is so good!  Please pray for Mason, and also join me in welcoming him home. Please pray for his family during this time…that he heals, grows, and develops into a healthy boy!
This story amazes me. His parents are strong Christians and they have counted on God’s faith through every trial they faced with Mason.  I truly believe that God has healed this little man and that he has great things in store for him.  This story has made me take a look at my own life.  

 Because of this story, I am a stronger Christian, mother, and wife.  It made me really take a look at my own kids and appreciate all that I have to be thankful for.  It also made me realize that there is no problem too big or small for our almighty God.  I couldn’t even imagine what this family has been through…but one thing is for sure, through it all they have rejoiced, prayed, and relied on God’s faith to get them through.  Although this story is sad in many ways, this family has chosen to remain positive and pray knowing that God will see them through. They could have chosen to have a “pitty party” (which they had every right to do) but instead this has brought them closer to God.  They have touched many lives by sharing this story…I sure do know that it has touched mine.  I can’t wait to shake mighty Mason’s hand had one day and tell him what an inspiration that he was to me!

No comments: